COGNITIVE COMPLEXITY AS A FACTOR OF CREATIVE INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPMENT. COGNITIVE COMPLEXITY OF THE DIFFERENT PEOPLES
Creative thinking is not defined unambiguously. There are many options for its measurement. But there is one factor correlated with the creative thinking. It is called cognitive complexity. Cognitive complexity varies depending on the profession, belonging to a culture and education. Cognitive complexity also forms the subject's perception. Article is useful both for people interested in creative thinking and for people trying to understand the different factors affecting our perception.
1. Allinson, C.W., and Hayes, J. The cognitive style index: a measure of intuition-analysis for organisational research., Journal of Management Studies (33:1), January 1996, pp. 119–135.
2. Beiri, J. Complexity-simplicity as a personality variable in cognitive and preferential behavior. - Dorsey Press., Homewood, IL, 1961.
3. Guilford J.P. The Nature of Human Intelligence. – New York, 1967. http://dx.doi.org/10.1126/science.162.3857.990-a
4. Fransella, F., (2000) Personal Construct Counselling in Action. http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781446279755.n15
5. Fransella,F., Bell, R. and Bannister, D.A.(2003) Manual for Repertory Grid Technique, 2nd Ed. John Wiley.
6. Festinger, L. (1962). Cognitive dissonance. Scientific American, 207(4), pp. 93-107 http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/scientificamerican1062-93
7. Kelly, G.A. (1955). The Psychology of Personal Constructs. - New York., Norton. Kelly’s main opus in two volumes. http://dx.doi.org/10.4324/9780203405987
8. Kelly, G.A. (1963) A theory of personality. - New York., W. W. Norton, 1963. First chapters of (Kelly, 1955). An elegant presentation and proof of the theory in the form of a postulate and sixteen corolaries. Does not include description of the Grid.
9. Riding, R.J., and Cheema, I. Cognitive styles - An overview and integration., Educational Psychology (11:3/4) 1991, pp. 193–215. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0144341910110301
10. Steinberg, H (November 2001). The psychologist and philosopher Wilhelm Wundt and a dedication by his student Emil Kraepelin. Der Nervenarzt 72 (11): 884.
11. Jankowicz A.D. The Easy Guide to Repertory Grids Chichester: Wiley, 2003. Provides a basic primer in repertory grid technique. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/00483480610636821
12. Bogojavlenskaja D.B., Susokolova I.A. K voprosu o divergentnom myshlenii [On the divergent thinking issue]., Psihologicheskaja nauka i obrazovanie [Psychological science and education]., 2006. No. 1., pp. 85-96
13. Borisova I.V. VUNDT [WUNDT]., Novaja filosofskaja jenciklopedija [New philosophical encyclopedia]. Vol. 1. - Moskva., 2000.
14. Vundt V. Problemy psihologii narodov [Problems of psychology of nations]. - Moskva., Akademicheskij proekt [Academic project], 2010. – 136 P.
15. Zborovskij G.E. Istorija sociologii: Uchebnik [The history of sociology: textbook]. - Moskva., Gardariki, 2004., p. 101