COLLISIONS OF DEVELOPMENT OF UKRAINIAN ICONS IN THE XIX-XX CENTURIES
The paper covers the main collisions of Ukrainian icons development in the XIX-XX centuries. It brightens the ambivalent attitude of the Russian intelligentsia to the ancient Russian icon painting, with the Ukrainian icon as an organic part of it. This view was determined by the specificity of world-view intentions of Russian imperial government, which sought to create a "new" iconic style contrary to the humanistic tendencies of not only old Russian, but also Ukrainian icons. The revival of interest to the ancient icon was predetermined on the one hand by actualization of scientific research in historiography, and on the other – by activities of the collectors. In general this contributed to the recognition of the icon as a kind of art. This made it possible to preserve this type of art during the "Red Terror". The fate of a home icon was more tragic. Being an important element of Ukrainian ethnic culture, it has not received adequate attention.
1. Bogomolec' O. Domashnі іkoni central'noї Ukraїni: Za materalami vistavki «Domashnі obrazi Ukraїni HVІІ – HH st. z privatnoї kolekcії Ol'gi Bogomolec' u Kiїvs'komu Muzeї rosіjs'kogo mistectva (1-14 bereznja 2008 r.) [Home icons of the Central Ukraine: on the basis of materials of the exhibition "Home images of God of Ukraine in the XVII - XX centuries” from the private collection of Olga Bogomolets in Kiev Museum of Russian Art (March 1-14, 2008)]., O. Bogomolec'. – Kiїv, Oranta. – 209 p.
2. Grishhenko A. Russkaja ikona kak iskusstvo zhivopisi [Russian icons as the art of painting]., A. Grishhenko., Voprosy zhivopisi [Issues of painting]. Issue. 3. – Izdanie avtora. - Moskva., MSMHVII, 1913. – 265 p.
3. Otkovich V.P. Narodna techіja v ukraїns'komu zhivopisu XVII-XVIII st. [Folk trends in Ukrainian painting of the XVII-XVIII centuries], V. Otkovich. – Kiїv, "Naukova dumka" [Scientific thought], 1990. - 96 p.
4. Semchishin M. Tisjacha rokіv ukraїns'koї kul'turi (Іstorichnij ogljad kul'turnogo procesu) [A Thousand Years of Ukrainian Culture (Historical overview of the cultural process)]., M. Semchishin. – N'ju Jork, 1985. – 550 с.
5. Trubeckoj E.N. Umozrenie v kraskah: Jetjudy po russkoj ikonopisi [Speculation in colors: Essays on Russian icon painting]., E. Trubeckoj., Trubeckoj E.N. Smysl zhizni [Sense of life]., Sost. A. Poljakova, P. Apryshko. - Moskva., Respublika, 1994. – 432 p. – (Mysliteli XX veka [Thinkers of the XX century]). – Access mode: http://azbyka.ru/tserkov/ikona/trubeckoi_ymozrenie.shtml